Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by "Butterfield, Brian" <bu...@aware.com> on 2009/09/09 21:25:26 UTC

Rampart and ODE

I'm using Rampart WS-Security with username authentication to protect
ODE BPEL scripts.  I'm also using Rampart to add WS-Security username
headers when I'm invoking another web service.  Is it possible to
"forward" the incoming username and password and use the same
authentication for the web service that is being invoked?

Thanks,
-Brian

Re: Rampart and ODE

Posted by Prabath Siriwardena <pr...@wso2.com>.
Yes - if you can get access to the MessageContext  - before invoking the
other services - then you can simply parse security header of the SOAP
envelop and get access to both the user name and the password.

If you need this to be accessed from different places - a better way
would be to write a handler and inject the password to MessageContext as
a property - user name is already there and can be accessed as the
following.

msgContext .getProperty(RampartMessageData.USERNAME);

Thanks & regards.
-Prabath