Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Selvam Raman <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/03 08:55:23 UTC

Need a help in row repetation

I have my dataset as dataframe. Using spark 1.5.0 version

cola,colb,colc,cold,cole,colf,colg,colh,coli -> columns in row

In the above column date fileds column  are (colc,colf,colh,coli).

scenario:((colc -2016,colf -2016,colh -2016,coli -2016)
if all the  year are same, no need of any logic. just remains same record.

scenario:((colc -2016,colf -2017,colh -2016,coli -2018) -> unque values are
2016,2017,2018
if all the year(in date fields) are different then we need repeat the
record as distinct years(ie. the above column has three year so we need to
repeat the same row twice)

please give me any suggestion in terms of dataframe.

--
Selvam Raman
"லஞ்சம் தவிர்த்து நெஞ்சம் நிமிர்த்து"