Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mun Dega <mu...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/17 22:30:26 UTC

Upgrade to version 3

Hello,

If we are upgrading from version 2.2 to 3.x, should we go directly to
latest version 3.11.3?

Anything we need to look out for?  If anyone can point to an upgrade
process that would be great!

Re: Upgrade to version 3

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

You might want to have a look at

It seems that you could face a *data loss* while upgrading to Cassandra
3.11.3. Apparently, it is still somewhat unsafe to upgrade Cassandra to
C*3, even if you use the latest C*3.0.17/3.11.3. According to Blake who
reported and worked on the fix:

[...], which will lead to duplicate start bounds being emitted, and
> incorrect dropping of rows in some cases

It's a bug that was recently fixed and that should be soon released, I hope.

I imagine that a lot of people did this upgrade already, it might be just
fine for you as well. Yet you might want to explore this issue and maybe
consider to wait for this patch to be released to reduce the risks (or
apply this patch yourself).

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France / Spain