Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> on 2009/09/15 18:33:09 UTC

Common pom for properties / versions

Now that we are relying on upstream Karaf builds for many of our core
dependencies, it seems like there is a lot of effort involved in keeping NMR
and Features dependencies in sync with Karaf.  I am thinking about a common
parent pom that is tied to each release which would be inserted between the
sub modules (NMR, Features) and servicemix-pom.  This pom would be versioned
with each release and released as an artifact, as opposed to
servicemix-pom.  It would be nice to get these directly from Karaf, but I
don't like the idea of relying on an external pom as a parent.  So at least
if we could bring these properties together in SMX, we would only need to
maintain them in one place.

I will start looking at this, but in the mean time, does anyone else have
other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

--