Posted to users@maven.apache.org by King Dale <da...@thomson.net> on 2004/02/10 15:23:48 UTC

The ASCII art

I know this is probably the least important issue in the world of Maven, but
I find the little ASCII artwork that you get when you start Maven to be a
little ugly, pretty unreadable (that sure doesn't look like an n to me), and
fairly unprofessional looking. I can't imagine that it instills a lot of
confidence in some pointy-haired boss that sees some ASCII art that looks
like it was done by some 13 year old script kiddie.

I like the idea of the larger letters for Maven and cooked this up in a few
minutes and thought it would make a better replacement:

 |\  /|  _ Apache __
 | \/ | /_\ |  | |_  |\ |  ~ intelligent projects ~
 |    | | |  \/  |__ | \|   v. 1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT

I find this much more readable and more professional looking. It even uses
one less line than the current header.

--
 Dale King

Re: The ASCII art