Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com> on 2009/01/01 05:47:33 UTC

New Mandriva 2009, SA not scanning

I've been working on updating to MDV2009 and have SA installed. Fetchmail
fetches ok, procmail is tossing to the folders, but, SA seems not to be
scanning. I can scan a message from the cli but whereas before it would
score mail to my inbox it no longer does that. I backed up my entire
/etc/mail/spamassassin folder and copied all files over to the new one. SA-
Update has ran with no issues. I'm using the same procmailrc file as before
which was working. I've got to be missing something but I'm just not sure what
it is.  Anyone with any ideas?

Chris

Re: New Mandriva 2009, SA not scanning

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Thursday 01 January 2009 05:33:06 Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 22:47 -0600, Chris wrote:
> > I've been working on updating to MDV2009 and have SA installed. Fetchmail
> > fetches ok, procmail is tossing to the folders, but, SA seems not to be
> > scanning. I can scan a message from the cli but whereas before it would
> > score mail to my inbox it no longer does that. I backed up my entire
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin folder and copied all files over to the new one.
> > SA- Update has ran with no issues. I'm using the same procmailrc file as
> > before which was working. I've got to be missing something but I'm just
> > not sure what it is.  Anyone with any ideas?
>
> Are you using SA or spamc/spamd? Has this changed?

Using spam invoked by procmail. Guess I was way too tired and frustrated when
I sent this last night, just looked at my procmailrc and I call spamc from
/usr/bin however, there was no spamc there it was in /usr/local/bin.

Thanks for the nudge

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 22:47 -0600, Chris wrote:
> I've been working on updating to MDV2009 and have SA installed. Fetchmail
> fetches ok, procmail is tossing to the folders, but, SA seems not to be
> scanning. I can scan a message from the cli but whereas before it would
> score mail to my inbox it no longer does that. I backed up my entire
> /etc/mail/spamassassin folder and copied all files over to the new one. SA-
> Update has ran with no issues. I'm using the same procmailrc file as before
> which was working. I've got to be missing something but I'm just not sure what
> it is.  Anyone with any ideas?

Are you using SA or spamc/spamd? Has this changed?

How was SA being invoked, e.g. by fetchmail, your MTA, a milter,
procmail, etc., and how is it being invoked now?

Martin