Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard M Smith <Ri...@ons.gsi.gov.uk> on 2008/01/22 16:15:04 UTC

Clearcase Snapshot View Synchronisation

Can anyone supply some sample code for automatically synchronising a
Clearcase snapshot view prior to a build?

I am in the process of switching my Maven 2 Java build from Visual Source
Safe to ClearCase (new to me).

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
              <connectionUrl>scm:clearcase:view:load
/NESS_PVOB1/Projects/NESS_FR01/NESS_FR01_Int:NESS_PVOB1:xrender_dev</connectionUrl>
                    <recursive>true</recursive>
          <excludes>model/**</excludes>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

This works but I currently need to go into Clearcase and manually
resynchronise the view to pick up changes. I would like the build to do it
for me. I have been supplied with some Ant code...

      <exec dir="${viewpath}${checked.stream}" executable="cleartool.exe"
outputproperty="checked.stream.response">
            <arg value="setcs"/>
            <arg value="-stream"/>
      </exec>

I want to do something similar in Maven but I can't find an example.
Nearest I could get was a bug report saying cleartool update -force could
cause a crash.

Thanks

Richard

For the latest data on the economy and society consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

Re: Clearcase Snapshot View Synchronisation

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Do you have an own build system? Maybe you are better of using something
like Hudson?

The command to update the view is scm:update (
http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/index.html#update-mojo)

regards,

Wim

Vigilog - an open source log file viewer: http://vigilog.sourceforge.net