Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sd189d <sd...@att.com> on 2009/06/24 22:27:40 UTC

Using Axis to generate Client Stubs from a WSDL of a Spring Hosted Webservice

Hi
  We have a external 3rd Party Webservice that we want to use. All we know
is that its a Spring based webservice and we have access to its WSDL URL.

Our earlier effort to write a client running the spring generated stubs
works just fine within a Spring based MVC app, however now we need to port
this client to a ATG 2007 environment so we don't really want to use Spring
at all on the client side.

Since ATG 2007 comes with Axis 1.1 support, I  have used the WSDL2Java to
generate the Stubs to access this service. The request seems to work just
fine on the service side, however when we get back the response, it does not
seem to have all the data that the Stub seems to expect. Specifically, the
response seems to be missing data that's specified as required by the XSD.

Are we missing anything here ? Shouldn't we be able to just point to the
WSDL, generate the stubs and use them to query the service and then get back
the correct results ?

All the examples we came across for accessing web services was for those
hosted by Axis itself.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shantanu