Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Chu Tong <ch...@altiscale.com> on 2013/11/05 00:58:15 UTC

Skip trash while dropping Hive table

Hi all,

Is there an existing way to drop Hive tables without having the deleted
files hitting trash? If not, can we add something similar to Hive for this?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Skip trash while dropping Hive table

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
On hive cli I normally set this set fs.trash.interval=0; in hiverc and use
it

This setting is hdfs related and I would not recommend it setting it on
hdfs-site.xml as it will then apply across hdfs which is not desirable most
of the times.

--
Nitin Pawar