Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com> on 2006/08/24 20:32:02 UTC

Running maven from ant

Currently, our pre-staging/production deployment methods are strictly
ant based.  With development migrating to m2 for building, we no longer
have various stack.property files lying around, everything exists in
profiles.xml.

So what I'd like to do is use the maven ant tasks as defined here:

http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html

(I've opted for the "put the jar in the ant_home\lib directory install
option)

But, I'm having no success -

<project name="testprops" default="build"
xmlns:artifact="antlib:org.apache.maven.artifact.ant">

 <target name="build">
   <artifact:pom id="project" file="pom.xml" />
   <echo message="${maven.project.version}"/>
 </target>

</project>

As just a simple tester, the resulting echo statement is -

Buildfile: test.xml

mavenrun:
     [echo] ${maven.project.version}

What am I doing wrong?