Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by srinir <sr...@nextag.com> on 2012/04/10 19:30:49 UTC

copyField after analyzer

Hi,

I want to copy/append different fields to one field, while applying a
different analyzer for each field.

<copyField source="cat" dest="text"/>
<copyField source="name" dest="text"/>
<copyField source="manu" dest="text"/>
<copyField source="features" dest="text"/>
<copyField source="includes" dest="text"/>

Lets assume i have specified different analyzers/filters for each of the
above source fields cat, name, manu, features and includes. I read online
that copyField copies before the analysis is done. Is it possible to
copyField after applying the analyzer to all the source string ? Just to
give you one use case, i would like to remove duplicates in some of the
source fields like manna, includes, etc and i don't want to do it for all
source fields.

Thanks,
Srini

Re: copyField after analyzer

Posted by Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl>.
Hello!

It's not possible with copy fields right now. As you wrote - copy
fields are copied before analysis is done.

 Rafał Kuć