Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 13:41:13 UTC

Java Service Wrapper or Commons Daemon?

Anyone have any experience of these 2 solutions to know which one is
the best to use when creating a windows/unix service?

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/introduction.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/index.html

It'd be nice to have a service for ActiveMQ - am just not sure which
one we should use.

Clearly the latter is also hosted at Apache so we're more likely to be
able to patch it if it has issues. The latter is also used by Tomcat
so is very well used.

Anyone used both before who could offer feedback?

--

James
-------

Re: Java Service Wrapper or Commons Daemon?

Posted by -=Kobye=- <ww...@gmail.com>.
more important ,it's very easy to use.
I love Java!
I love Sports!
I love this Game !

QQ:33093778
MSN:sportsbaby1980@hotmail.com

home:http://www.jsports.org
blog:http://blog.csdn.net/jsports
       http://blog.matrix.org.cn/page/jsports

Re: Java Service Wrapper or Commons Daemon?

Posted by -=Kobye=- <ww...@gmail.com>.
 javaservice is very good in window

  jboss and  activemq and james work well using javaservice as windows
service.

  I run jboss and activemq and james in this way.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/9/06, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never used commons-daemon, but JSW is very cool and
> works nicely.  Is there any specific features not covered by JSW
> that we would need ?

No not really - I just wondered if anyone had used both and could
recommend one over the other.

James

--

James
-------

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I've never used the commons daemon stuff, but everyone I know uses
jsw, so I think it is the obvious choice.

-dain

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I guess :-P

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.