Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/26 16:54:12 UTC

Multicore Solr not showing Cache Stats

Hello,

I'm having a hard time getting a multi-core Solr instance caches to show up on Stats/Cache Admin page.  This works fine with non-multicore Solr instances, of course.  This is with Solr 1.4-dev 753608 (from Match 14th).  Here are the details:

- Solr home is at /data/solr_home

- Jetty is started with -Dsolr.solr.home=/data/solr_home

- solr.xml lives in the Solr home and looks like this:
<solr persistent="false">
  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
    <core name="core1" instanceDir="/data/solr_home/cores/core1" />
    <core name="core2" instanceDir="/data/solr_home/cores/core2" />
  </cores>
</solr>

- Each core has a "conf" sub-dir where schema.xml and solrconfig.xml live.  These files are actually symlinks to schema.xml and solrconfig.xml files (so I have one copy of them instead of having a separate copy for each core).

- solrconfig.xml in Solr home has all 3 caches (filter, query, doc) defined as usual, for example:
  <queryResultCache
    class="solr.LRUCache"
    size="512"
    initialSize="512"
    autowarmCount="32"/>

- Going to http://localhost:8983/core1/admin/stats.jsp#cache shows a nearly empty Cache section.  The only cache that shows up there is fieldValueCache (which is really commented out in solrconfig.xml, but Solr creates it anyway, which is normal).  All other caches are missing.

Any ideas why cache stats might not be getting displayed or where I could look to figure out what's going on?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: Multicore Solr not showing Cache Stats

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Old email. Hoss, thanks for doing this.  I had a closer look at my solrconfig.xml and found that I didn't put <query> elements around the settings for caches.  Solr didn't complain, so I didn't notice earlier...

 Otis