Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alvaro Gonzalez <ag...@germinus.com> on 2006/03/09 18:50:59 UTC

Problem with jcr:deref

Hi everybody.

We have a tree with two branches with references between them (one
branch with categories which reference contents in the other branch).

We would like to search contents that are referenced from certain
category (or its subcategories) and that have certain property set to
whatever. So my XPath query is:

 //element(*,nt:category)[@jcr:uuid =
'207e56a3-2581-42cd-9a56-701cc63bd171'][@member]/jcr:deref(@member, '*')

(member is the property reference which links to a content).

This query executes good but if i want to introduce the second constrain
('...the content has some property set to whatever'), so the query would be:

//element(*,nt:category)[@jcr:uuid =
'207e56a3-2581-42cd-9a56-701cc63bd171'][@member]/jcr:deref(@member,
'*')[@property='value']

I get an exception like this:

javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: Unsupported location for jcr:deref()

Why do i get that exception? Is possible to go on navigating the tree
when using jcr:deref?

Regards,
  Alvaro

Re: Problem with jcr:deref

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Alvaro,

this is a bug in the query builder. could you please file a jira issue?

thanks.

regards
  marcel