Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Abhishek Sharma <ab...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/22 23:11:49 UTC

Latest release of Superset has no flower dependency.

Hi,

Thanks for releasing a new version of Superset.
While using the latest version of Superset, I realized flower dependency is
not there. It is a good package for monitoring Celery. Is it dropped
purposely?

Also, please add me as a contributor for Superset Jira. My Jira id is
*abhioncbr*

Thanks
Abhishek

Re: Latest release of Superset has no flower dependency.

Posted by Abhishek Sharma <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, John for the reply.

I am wondering, shouldn't be it's great if *Superset follows multiple
requirements.txt files*. One with only mandatory packages and one combined
with optional packages as well along with mandatory one.

*Why I am asking*? I am a maintainer of docker-superset
<https://github.com/abhioncbr/docker-superset> and want to continue with
Superset Docker Image with all features including optional one which can be
easily used for exploration purpose to deployment at production scale. It
would be easier for me to maintain if I have the second complete
requirements.txt file.

Looking forward to discussing further on this.

Thanks
Abhishek

PS: Wrote an article on my idea of running Superset in the production
<https://medium.com/@abhioncbr/apache-superset-in-the-production-environment-92e914102cc5>
environment.

Posted by John Bodley <jo...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
Hi,