Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by su...@tatainfotech.com on 2006/01/19 08:10:40 UTC

[RE: Apache Con US 2005 - Myfaces Portlet support]

Yeah, the session scoped data works fine with Myfaces portlets.
I changed the scope of managed beans from request to session in the
faces-config  and it worked fine.

But if the scope of managed beans is request, then it doesnt work.

I converted simple.war(taken from myfaces-1.1.1-examples) into a portlet
and specified the default-view as /sample1.jsp in portlet.xml

The page came nicely on jetspeed portal but it was losing out the request
scoped data. Then I modified the scope of managed bean used in this jsp to
session and it worked fine after that.

The main page of simple.war is home.jsp which contains many <h:output>
links and this page gives exceptions : portletexception.

What do you think about the request scope stuff? Am I missing out something?

Do you want me to raise it as a issue?

Thanks,
Sunil

> In general, session scoped data works fine with MyFaces portlets.  I
scanned the link you posted and I don't see a clear complaint.  I would
need more to go on than "It doesn't work".

> Stan Silvert
> JBoss, Inc.
> ssilvert@jboss.com
> callto://stansilvert

servlet (JetspeedContainer) to web.xml

>> Thanks to you and Stan for helping me get it working.
>>
>> I have taken the blank.war from myfaces-examples.zip(downloaded from
apache site) and converted it into a portlet.

>> But there is one problem in it. I am losing out the request scoped
data. i.e. this simple web app asks the user to enter his name and
submit. On submit it takes the user to other page displaying a greeting
message with
>> name.It works fine as a web app.
>>
>> But in portlet, it doesnt display the username on the second page. Somehow
>> it loses this data.
>>
>> This issue has been discussed here :
>> http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/jetspeed-
>> user@portals.apache.org/2104804.html
>>
>> Is it a bug in MyFacesGenericPortlet implementation?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sunil
>>

>> > Hi,

>> from
>> >
>> > no, only you have to remove <redirect/>

>> > for servlet mapping, ensure that you app runs standalone and use the
*deploy mechanism* of you portlet container.
>> > I've used only pluto. but for jetspeed2, I can tell you, they
included myfaces-portlet examples to their demo.

>> > Speaking for pluto, its deployment mechanismn adds the *specific*
portlet related stuff to web.xml. For you (as the app developer) just
declare FacesServlet.

>> war
>> >
>> > Which one do you mean?
>> > Jetspeed2's is working fine for me

>> > @Stan: no idea, why the portlet stuff has been removed.
>> > I'll put it back to the homepage asap.
>> >
>> > but... the wiki still has your portlet stuff included.

>> > -Matthias

no longer included on the MyFaces site.

WEB-INF/lib folder.

installed successfully but when I try to add it to a page, I got