Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Marco Knuettel <ma...@knuettel.de> on 2004/09/06 08:31:14 UTC

BUGREPORT

Hi *,

on a clean System, i have installed a new maven. After then i try
to install the torque-plugin. But there are 2 Bugs.

First: The Doku-Entry on the Website is wrong:

maven plugin:download -DartifactId=maven-torque-plugin -DgroupId=torque
-Dversion=3.2
should be:
maven plugin:download -DartifactId=maven-torque-plugin -DgroupId=torque
-Dversion=3.1.1-rc2

Second: In the File:
$MAVEN_HOME/.maven/cache/maven-torque-pluging-3.1.1-rc2/project.xml
is a wrong entry for torque-gen.
it should be Version 3.1.1-rc2

After then it will work.

Nice Day
  MK

MK Development & Consulting                          www.knuettel.de

Re: BUGREPORT

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Marco Knuettel <ma...@knuettel.de> writes:

>Hi *,

Hi Marco,

>on a clean System, i have installed a new maven. After then i try
>to install the torque-plugin. But there are 2 Bugs.

>First: The Doku-Entry on the Website is wrong:

>maven plugin:download -DartifactId=3Dmaven-torque-plugin -DgroupId=3Dtorque
>-Dversion=3D3.2
>should be:
>maven plugin:download -DartifactId=3Dmaven-torque-plugin -DgroupId=3Dtorque
>-Dversion=3D3.1.1-rc2

Nope. It is stated on

http://db.apache.org/torque-31/tutorial/step1.html

(The main web site is for the 3.2-dev branch, which is confusing, that
is correct).

There is a link on the left side which points to the Torque 3.1.x
docs. The docs do differ a little, so if you are using the 3.1 branch,
please look at these docs.

Scott: We might want to re-organize the web site along the Turbine
pattern with a "torque-site" module in CVS and the released and
devlopment versions in torque/torque-3.1 torque/torque-3.2 and so on.

>Second: In the File:
>$MAVEN_HOME/.maven/cache/maven-torque-pluging-3.1.1-rc2/project.xml
>is a wrong entry for torque-gen.
>it should be Version 3.1.1-rc2=20

In the version I just downloaded, there is 3.1.1-dev, right. This is a
bug and it will be fixed for the release version of 3.1.1

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"

Re: BUGREPORT

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Marco Knuettel wrote:

>on a clean System, i have installed a new maven. After then i try
>to install the torque-plugin. But there are 2 Bugs.
>
>First: The Doku-Entry on the Website is wrong:
>
>maven plugin:download -DartifactId=maven-torque-plugin -DgroupId=torque
>-Dversion=3.2
>should be:
>maven plugin:download -DartifactId=maven-torque-plugin -DgroupId=torque
>-Dversion=3.1.1-rc2
>
>Second: In the File:
>$MAVEN_HOME/.maven/cache/maven-torque-pluging-3.1.1-rc2/project.xml
>is a wrong entry for torque-gen.
>it should be Version 3.1.1-rc2
>
>After then it will work.

By default the Torque site shows you the documentation for cvs HEAD,
this is where development of Torque 3.2 is taking place.  If you select
the "Torque 3.1.x docs" link in the menu you will get to the docs for
3.1.1-rc3-dev which includes a copy of the tutorial that refers to the
latest available release (3.1.1-rc2).

Scott

--
Scott Eade