Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/06/09 17:59:43 UTC

[VOTE] struts-ANNOUNCE / struts-FAQ

James Mitchell wrote:
> I know for a fact that there are many people who monitor the list
> but never ask questions or reply.  They simply want to keep up with
> the latest features.

Hmmm, you mean like an announcement list.

You know, judging by the Struts News and Status page,

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/news_2002.html

we do get enough announcements to justify a dedicated list for that.

Committers:

Should we request Struts-Announce as a moderated list, like
Jakarta-Announce?

Obviously, I'm also volunteering to moderate here.

We'll undoubtedly have people replying to the announcements to chat, but
my plan would be to forward those to the user list myself, so that the
threads continue there.

If we also start the weekly list recaps for the Jakarta Newsletter, this
would be a good place to post those.

I've also wondered about using a moderated list for a FAQ. The idea
being if someone wanted to write up a FAQ, or summarize a thread, they
could submit that to Struts-FAQ. If the list moderator (like, say, me)
agreed it was cool, we could let it through. We couldn't edit the
messages later, but any errata or updates could be added to the
(moderated) thread. The mail-archive search engines are as good as
anything.

Just thinking that if we're setting up a moderated list, we might want
to do both at once, so I piggybacked this idea too.

-Ted.