Posted to odf-dev@incubator.apache.org by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/13 14:40:41 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Correct converted GIT repo(s) from SVN - earlier (Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Moving SCM to Git)

Just a short heads-up on the ongoing svn2git transformation:

I was able to create one of the two desired git repositories from our SVN
repository with git version 2.14.2.windows.3 on Windows 10 via
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-svn
saving the remote author file from https://git-wip-us.apache.org/authors.txt
locally aside.

   1. First repo, our website: https://svn.apache.
   org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/site/
   <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/site/>
   via the command "git svn clone https://svn.apache.org/repos/
   asf/incubator/odf/site -T trunk -t tags -A authors.txt"
   You may the result find on: https://github.com/
   svanteschubert/odftoolkit-site
   NOTE: We should add a README with the information from
   http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/website-local.html
   <http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/website-local.html>
   after we agreed on the outcome.
   2. Second repo, our main repo from https://svn.apache.org/repos/
   asf/incubator/odf/ is still ongoing.
   The direct transformation via the command "git svn clone
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf
   <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf> -T trunk -t tags -A
   authors.txt" failed first.
   As "devinhan" also appeared earlier as "devin" and could not be found in
   the "author.txt" and the execution stopped overnight. After duplicating
   Devin's entry according to his previous ID in the local "authors.txt", it
   worked and had about half a dozen connect problems overnight (the latter
   using Linux) and local svn repo was not accepted.
   Therefore, I am trying now to simplify and clone the SVN repo via:
      1. svnrdump dump https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/trunk
      > source-repo.dump
      2. svnadmin create /path/to/repository
      3. svnadmin load /path/to/repository < svnexport.dump

But if this fails again, I am pretty sure, I will suggest using the
existing git repo form: https://github.com/apache/odftoolkit
and the website from https://github.com/svanteschubert/odftoolkit-site

You may already take a look at the git repos from github if you notice some
problems and/or further todos before we hand them over to Infra:

https://github.com/svanteschubert/odftoolkit-site
For instance, a README is missing, for instance with the website handling.

And the existing project repo:
https://github.com/apache/odftoolkit

What do you think?

Cheers,