Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Albert Cervera Areny <in...@sedifa.com> on 2002/08/06 17:18:54 UTC

How to translate?

Hi,
I've been looking at the i18n transformer in the documentation web page,
however I can't see how it works in production. I got the idea that it
works let's say like gettext as you mark which parts you want to translate
and generate a file with those messages.... if so... how can I do that
easily? I've been looking throw those convert and merge xsl files but they
don't seem to generate it. I was able to create a file to translate into
one new language from the simple_dict.xml example but how may I create it
from scratch?

These two files, messages and dictionary, are the ones that make me not to
understand the hole process.

Could someone clarify those aspects or point me to a better resource?

Thanks in advance!
--
Albert Cervera Areny
Dept. Informàtica Sedifa, S.L.