Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by yuryx <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru> on 2002/06/19 17:33:00 UTC

include text into XSP page

Hi all!
Can anyone help me with one problem?

I need to include plain text into my XSP page (as result of CGI
application work).
I tried to use xinclude, but got the following error:

Original exception : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)
at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:213)

Is there any way to achieve the desired result?
Thanx.
Yury.

Re: include text into XSP page -solved

Posted by yuryx <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>.
I'm solve this :)
I'm just set attribute parse="text" in xinclude tag
Regards.
Yury.

Posted by yuryx <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>.
Hi Vadim!
Thanx for your reply and help :)
Regards.
Yury.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: yuryx [mailto:yuryx@mobicomk.donpac.ru]
>
> Hi all!
> Can anyone help me with one problem?
>
> I need to include plain text into my XSP page (as result of CGI
> application work).
> I tried to use xinclude, but got the following error:

'x' in xinclude means 'XML'. CInclude also works with XML only. Cocoon's
event pipelines (generator->transformer->serializer) itself also can
work with XML *only*.

> Original exception : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not
> allowed in prolog.
> at

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Error
Handle
> rWrapper.java:232)
> at

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrappe
r.java
> :213)
>
> Is there any way to achieve the desired result?

Convert plain text to XML:

<text>
</text>

Vadim

RE: Logicsheet examples: sel.xsl,

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
> >- what is the intent of sel.xsl? I can't quite make it out from
> the code. It
> >seems to be related to the 64K boundary but I'm wondering if
> it'd be handy
> >for segmenting pages.
> >

> Absolutely, it's all about segmenting pages.

Uh, there wouldn't be an example would there?

Per

Re: Logicsheet examples: sel.xsl,

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Per Kreipke wrote:

>- what is the intent of sel.xsl? I can't quite make it out from the code. It
>seems to be related to the 64K boundary but I'm wondering if it'd be handy
>for segmenting pages.

Absolutely, it's all about segmenting pages.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

RE: Logicsheet examples: sel.xsl,

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
> > - how come Lucene isn't being used on the site? I thought the cocoon
> pages
> > were being served by C2, wouldn't it be easy to add search?
>
> Read: being built by C2.
>
> xml.apache.org is 100% static web site. AFAIU, main reason is limited
> hardware capacity.

Ah, right. All the more reason to do this:

> > - why not create a dummy domain at cocoon.xml.apache.org just so that
> google
> > can search it? Lots of commercial companies use tricks to get listed
> in
> > search engines.

Per

RE: Logicsheet examples: sel.xsl,

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=logicsheet+site

RE: Order of logicsheets?

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
Vadim,

Just noticed in your change log for 2.03 that you made some fixes for
XScript and SOAP. I'll try those.

Order of logicsheets?

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
> > In the live documentation on logicsheets here:
> >
> > http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/index.html
> >
> > only four logicsheets are covered. Is there any documentation I
> haven't
> > found for the rest?
>
> I don't think so. There is a room here for good documentation.

Ah. I've heard that request before but I feel like there's a catch-22
involved :-) I'd be glad to do some documentation and examples if I
understood the other logicsheets.

> > I've looked through the code, the mailing list and
> > online docs (too bad there's no search on xml.apache.org).
>
> Google it.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=logicsheet+site
> %3Axml.apache.org&btnG=Google+Search

Sorry, did that too but I find that not being able to narrow the search to
just cocoon hurts, there's lots of stuff (maybe not in this particular case,
but generally). Two questions:

- why not create a dummy domain at cocoon.xml.apache.org just so that google
can search it? Lots of commercial companies use tricks to get listed in
search engines.

- how come Lucene isn't being used on the site? I thought the cocoon pages
were being served by C2, wouldn't it be easy to add search?

> > Specifically:
> > - what is the intent of sel.xsl? I can't quite make it out from the
> code. It
> > seems to be related to the 64K boundary but I'm wondering if it'd be
> handy
> > for segmenting pages.
> >
> > - are there more details about soap.xsl?
> >
> > - can any of the logicsheets (besides action.xsl) be called from XSP
> > actions?
>
> Usually, yes. If some of them do not work, report it/document it :)

As always, thanks Vadim.

Per

RE: Logicsheet examples: sel.xsl,

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
In the live documentation on logicsheets here:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/index.html

only four logicsheets are covered. Is there any documentation I haven't
found for the rest? I've looked through the code, the mailing list and