Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ramachandran <ra...@summitworks.com> on 2004/01/28 09:13:47 UTC

Regarding :

Hi All,
           Can any one please tell me, how to assign a values to a string
using <logic:iterate>

Example:    <logic:iterate id="maxreqiddetail" name="maxreqiddetails">

            </logic:iterate>

           In this iterator, i am having values in the name
'maxreqiddetails" as primary_skill and location.

           I know how to print the values...by using< bean:write
name="maxrediddetail" property="primary_skill"/>

But i wanto assing those values to a String. How can i do that one.

Please anu body having any idea plase reply me

RE: Regarding :

Posted by Ramachandran <ra...@summitworks.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

                It was working fine by using <bean:define> to get the value
from the iterator...... Very Very thankful to u.....

Bye
Ram

<logic:iterate id="maxreqiddetail" name="maxreqiddetails">
    <bean:define id="s" name="maxreqiddetail" property="primary_skill"/>
</logic:iterate>

They're is a JSTL way to do this too, but I don't use it so cannot tell you
how.
Nico.

question about tiles

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hi all,
	I was wondering one thing..
Suppose that in page1 I define a <tiles:setAttribute name="foo">

Is It possible to get it out from page2 WITHIN a custom JSP tag?

Thanx in advance and regards
	marco

Re: Regarding :

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
Use this :

Re: Regarding :

Posted by Raman Garg <ra...@smartdatainc.com>.
Hello,
I hope following will resolve your problem:

 <logic:iterate id="maxreqiddetail" name="maxreqiddetails">
<%
   String s=maxreqiddetail.getPrimary_skill();
%>
 </logic:iterate>

I haven't tested it but i think it will work.

Thanks,
-- Raman