Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jing Huang <jh...@ducks.org> on 2003/06/19 21:38:12 UTC

web.xml init param

Hi, I am new to Tomcat. This might be a very simple question to the gurus here. Please help. I set initial parameters for a servlet in web.xml. When I start the server and run the servlet, the servlet can not get the initial parameters. It seems that the web.xml was not accessed at all. Can you help?  By the way, is there a place that documents how to configure the web.xml and server.xml for different purposes?

Re: web.xml init param

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
web.xml is defined by Sun's Servlet Specification. You can get it at Sun's
site. (java.sun.com)

A good servlet book will be very helpful as well as ...

http://servlets.com/index.tea
http://www.onjava.com/onjava/jsp_servlets/

-Tim