Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jo...@f2s.com on 2006/10/11 17:01:13 UTC

[users@httpd] log errors when using mod_auth_mysql

Hi

I am using mod_auth_mysql on apache 2.2.0 on RHEL to do user authentication and
I have it working appart from it floods the error log with

[Wed Oct 11 15:49:22 2006] [error] Internal error: pcfg_openfile() called with
NULL filename
[Wed Oct 11 15:49:22 2006] [error] [client x.x.x.x] (9)Bad file descriptor:
Could not open password file: (null), referer: www.xxx.com

This does not prevent users logging in correctly.

I have googled this and apparently adding  AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
should fix this problem but it doesn't seem to in my case.

I have the following in the httpd.conf file for the protected directory.

<Directory /usr/local/munin/var/www/>
#mod_auth_mysql stuff

 AuthName "auth test"
 AuthType Basic
 AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
 AuthMySQLHost localhost
 AuthMySQLDB http_auth
 AuthMySQLPasswordField user_passwd
 AuthMySQLUserTable http_auth_users
 AuthMySqlUser xxxxx
 AuthMySqlPassword  xxxxxx
 AuthMySQLEnable On
 AuthMySQLPwEncryption MD5
 AuthMySQLAuthoritative On
 require valid-user

</Directory>

There is also a cgi directory withing /usr/local/munin/var/www/cgi
which is defined using

ScriptAlias /monitoring/cgi "/usr/local/munin/var/www/cgi/"
Alias /monitoring "/usr/local/munin/var/www/"

Any help with this appreciated.

J.