Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Samuthrarathnam, Shamini" <Sa...@logica.com> on 2002/01/14 17:16:37 UTC

config problems: HP-UX Apache installation

'm having trouble doing an Apache installation on HP-UX. I have an
apache_1.3.22-9000_715-hp-hpux11.00.tar, have unpacked and attempted to
configure

Why do I get the following error when I do a make under apache_1.3.22?
$ make
===> src
===> src/regex
        rm -f libregex.a
        ar cr libregex.a regcomp.o regexec.o regerror.o regfree.o
        /bin/true libregex.a
Make: Cannot load /bin/true.  Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Your help will be appreciated.

Shamini Samuthrarathnam

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.

RE: config problems: HP-UX Apache installation

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Samuthrarathnam, Shamini [mailto:SamuthrarathnamS@logica.com]

> 'm having trouble doing an Apache installation on HP-UX. I have an
> apache_1.3.22-9000_715-hp-hpux11.00.tar, have unpacked and attempted to
> configure
>
> Why do I get the following error when I do a make under apache_1.3.22?
> $ make
> ===> src
> ===> src/regex
>         rm -f libregex.a
>         ar cr libregex.a regcomp.o regexec.o regerror.o regfree.o
>         /bin/true libregex.a
> Make: Cannot load /bin/true.  Stop.

It looks like there are some basic problems in your OS installation.
/bin/true should be a binary (or perhaps shell built-in) that has
successfull return code.

Joshua.