Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Halverson <ch...@ncube.com> on 2000/03/16 23:34:11 UTC

Anyone seen this one? It doesn't seem to make sense. Class comp iles regular like and can access the object but not call a method on it.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPwork\localhost_8080%2Fvod\_0005cassetlog_0002ejspassetlog_jsp_9.java:166:
Invalid type expression.
                assets.testMethod()
                                 ^
work\localhost_8080%2Fvod\_0005cassetlog_0002ejspassetlog_jsp_9.java:169:
Invalid declaration.
                out.write("\r\n");
                         ^
2 errors

	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:137)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:148)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:255)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
onnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

Re: Anyone seen this one? It doesn't seem to make sense. Class compiles regular like and can access the object but not call a method on it.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com>.
Chris Halverson wrote:

> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
> JSPwork\localhost_8080%2Fvod\_0005cassetlog_0002ejspassetlog_jsp_9.java:166:
> Invalid type expression.
>                 assets.testMethod()
>                                  ^
> work\localhost_8080%2Fvod\_0005cassetlog_0002ejspassetlog_jsp_9.java:169:
> Invalid declaration.
>                 out.write("\r\n");
>                          ^
> 2 errors

It's hard to tell for sure without seeing more of your JSP page source, but it
looks to me like you left a semicolon off after the "assets.testMethod()" call
in a scriptlet, and therefore caused the generated servlet source to have a
syntax error in it.

Also, please subscribe to and start using the TOMCAT-USER mailing list for
user-related questions like this.  The TOMCAT-DEV list will be devoted to
discussions about developing Tomcat itself.

Craig McClanahan