Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Robbie Minshall <my...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 17:46:13 UTC

JIRA test cases for SDO

Is there a process for creating, or rather where to put test cases for JIRA
defects?

Currently the test cases for SDO look somewhat disorganized.  I am planning
on creating a testcase for a JIRA - should I create  test cases for a JIRA
in
a) Try to find a test case that covers specific component in question, if
can't find create one.
b) within new JIRATestCase that contains tests for various JIRAs

any thoughts ?

Robbie Minshall.

--
* * * Charlie * * *
Check out some pics of little Charlie at

* * * Addresss * * *
1914 Overland Drive
Chapel Hill
NC 27517

* * * Number * * *
919-225-1553

Re: JIRA test cases for SDO

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@qwest.net>.
Robbie,

Here is the process we have been using for the DAS:

Our function tests are or organized by function so we have a JUnit class
for each major capability such as OperationOrderingTests,
RelationshipTests, etc.  We also have two additional tests classes:
DefectTests and CorrectedDefectTests.  CorrectedDefectTests runs as part
of our build along with all other test cases.  The tests in DefectTests
are known to fail so they are not run as part of the build.

When a bug is found, a new test method is added to DefectTests to
illustrate the bug and a JIRA is opened.  When the JIRA is resolved, the
now-working test method is moved over to CorrectedTests where it is
lives forever and stands constant guard lest the bug ever raise its ugly
head again. :-)

--Kevin