Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Aslam Ahmed <as...@mail.qic-software.com> on 2002/02/04 06:38:41 UTC

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/Source"

Hello,
I'm using JDK1.3 installed on Windows 2000 server.
        I've copied xalan.jar and xerces.jar (xalan-j_2_2_0) in jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext
I compiled SimpleTransform.java but while runing it from MS Dos prompt i
got an error "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/Source"

Please help me out in solving this problem.

Re: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/Source"

Posted by "Isaac S." <is...@netvision.net.il>.
That's because Xalan 2.2's "xalan.jar" file does not contain JAXP's classes.
This behavior is expected and wanted.

JAXP's interfaces & classes are found in xalan-j_2_2_0\bin\xml-apis.jar.

    - Isaac