Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2005/10/20 20:31:42 UTC

m2 plugin for eclipse

Hi,

Anyone who wants to try out the m2 plugin for eclipse needs to send me:

first name:
last name:
company:
email:

If you prefix the email with [eclipse-plugin] then I can automate it. I
apologize in advance but I need the information as this is a Mergere
sponsored project (but will be open sourced) so I need the info.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

 -- Unknown

[eclipse-plugin]

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Tooling support!

first name:Eric
last name:Pugh
company:OpenSource Connections
email:epugh@opensourceconnections.com

Re: m2 plugin for eclipse

Posted by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net>.
> The plugin assumes you have not used the "m2 eclipse:eclipse" command.
> The m2 plugin for eclipse assumes you have started with the m2 plugin
> for eclipse. The two methods of working with eclipse currently don't
> work very well together. We suggest working from within Eclipse.

So how to start working with plain maven2 project (only pom.xml without
eclipse .project and .classpath files)?

Best regards,
Piotrek

Re: m2 plugin for eclipse

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 09:33 +0200, Piotr Bzdyl wrote:
> Hi,
> > If you prefix the email with [eclipse-plugin] then I can automate it. I
> > apologize in advance but I need the information as this is a Mergere
> > sponsored project (but will be open sourced) so I need the info.
> >

> I have installed this plugin and I can't find where can I find to call
> maven 2 goals from Eclipse. Is it possible in this plugin version?
>
> What is the scenario of working with maven 2 projects without .project
> and .classpath files? I noticed that if you have these files containing
> all dependencies from pom.xml in the .classpath then enabling maven 2 in
> the eclipse causes build path error - libraries are duplicated in the
> maven 2 libraries containter and in the .classpath file.

The plugin assumes you have not used the "m2 eclipse:eclipse" command.
The m2 plugin for eclipse assumes you have started with the m2 plugin
for eclipse. The two methods of working with eclipse currently don't
work very well together. We suggest working from within Eclipse.

> Best regards,
> Piotrek

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition

Re: m2 plugin for eclipse

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 13:29 +0200, Piotr Bzdyl wrote:
> > I have installed this plugin and I can't find where can I find to call
> > maven 2 goals from Eclipse. Is it possible in this plugin version?
> I found that I can call maven 2 goals from eclipse: right click on the
> pom.xml -> Run -> maven2

I'm going to try and setup a public JIRA for the m2 plugin for eclipse
so we can track problems.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: m2 plugin for eclipse

Posted by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net>.
> I have installed this plugin and I can't find where can I find to call
> maven 2 goals from Eclipse. Is it possible in this plugin version?
I found that I can call maven 2 goals from eclipse: right click on the
pom.xml -> Run -> maven2

But I found also a problem in eclipse with projects producing artifacts
with other than war and jar types. I use mvn eclipse:eclipse to generate
.project and .classpath on the pom.xml with <packaging>war</packaging>
which contains dependency to the mymodel.par artifact (Persistence
archive jar file) (I still don't know how to open project in eclipse
with only pom.xml - no .project and .classpath files), then I import
this project to the workspace. Until now everything is working fine.
Then I use context menu on the project and select Maven 2 -> Enable. I
got errors with duplicated dependencies (in .classpath and in the Maven2
Dependencies node) so I remove duplicated entries from eclipse java
build path. Then I have one more error which I can't remove: Illegal
type of archive for required library: 'C:\Documents and
Settings\piotr\.m2\repository\com\example\mymodel\1.0\mymodel-1.0.par'
in project mywar. How to cope with this error? I think that maven2
plugin should try to treat all dependencies as jar files and if it fails
generate this error. This same occurs with mylogic.ejb3 (plain jar file
with EJB3 session beans).

Best regards,
Piotrek

Re: m2 plugin for eclipse