Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Zoltan Haindrich <ki...@rxd.hu> on 2020/07/31 07:02:50 UTC

interesting feature of replay button

Hey All!

As you might know the "replay" button can be used to re-launch a failed build on the jenkins UI.
Today I just learned that it has a "hidden" feature: in the [1] run it retained the merge point [2] against the master branch which was a few days old - this means that new
commits landed on master as the first execution will not be taken account ; I believe this is caused by the fact that Github is "creating" the merge commit...

This is the second coming of that feature going sideways(branch indexing was the earlier issue) - so as I'll have time for it I'll make some modifications to remove the
need for that merge commit.

Until then I'll recommend to either push an empty commit to trigger a new build or close/open the PR to generate the appropriate events.

[1] http://ci.hive.apache.org/job/hive-precommit/job/PR-1252/11/
[2] e34acf5c677a23af0053ac98532a9caa9e190b6c

cheers,
Zoltan