Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by jb...@ironmax.com on 2001/05/02 17:05:40 UTC

Possibly a newbie problem.

I am getting the following when trying to invoke my deployed SOAP service:

Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:LatLong': class name
'latlong.IAddress' could not be resolved: latlong.IAddress

As far as I can tell, the class should be available to both the webserver,
and the client.

Is there something simple I am missing?

James Birchfield

Ironmax
maximizing your construction equipment assets
5 Corporate Center
9960 Corporate Campus Drive,
Suite 2000
Louisville, KY 40223

                    "Gopinath
                    M.R."                To:     soap-user@xml.apache.org, Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>,
                    <mr_gopinath@        sundar@fourthstage.com
                    yahoo.com>           cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: SOAP-USER:Transfer of >100kb file from Server to Client on SOAP
                    05/02/01
                    11:09 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    soap-user

Hi,
  IMHO this is not the right way to use SOAP over HTTP.  If the data is
large and can be obtained efficiently using other transport protocols
like FTP, you better put the file in FTP server and send the information
about the file as SOAP message (containing filename, path, ftp server
address, login, password etc).  SOAP can be used to transfer the minimum
size data or sending information about huge data.
Any comments ???

regards,
Gopinath .M.R.
Sr.Product Engineer,