Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Poggenpohl, Daniel" <Da...@isst.fraunhofer.de> on 2015/09/09 09:14:19 UTC

Asset Fingerprinting

Hi,

I see that generating hash urls for Tapestry assets is only done since Tapestry 5.4. Since I have a caching problem at the moment because my javascript and css files regularly change in the phase we're in, the "identify asset by app version" strategy is very inconvient, to say the least.

Can somebody suggest to me a method for publishing new versions of js and css files without changing the app version number?

At this moment I would also take "generate a new random app version number every time", but that feels wrong.

Or could someone backport the hash asset function to 5.3.x ?

Regards,
Daniel P.

Re: Asset Fingerprinting

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Is this something you need in production? If not, just set the
production-mode symbol to false.

I think backporting the 5.4 way of handling asset URLs would be quite a lot
of work.