Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/20 20:32:40 UTC

webstart and proxy problems

I am currently using httpClient 3.1.

Within my code I am setting the proxy in the HostConfig and
credentials in the httpState.

The program works fine using the proxy under a JRE on windows.
If IE is told not to use a proxy server, the program works fine using
the proxy under webstart.
If IE is configured to use a proxy server AND a Socks server is
configured, I get the following error:

[HttpMethodDirector:439] I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
caught when processing request: Malformed reply from SOCKS server
2008-02-20 14:20:48,342 INFO  [HttpMethodDirector:445] Retrying request

What can I put in my code to ignore the IE proxy SOCKS settings ?

-Thanks
Steve More