Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by maximus meridius <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/02 12:56:18 UTC

svn_load_dirs.pl permsission denied error

Hi,

I am trying to use svn_load_dirs.pl to setup
a vendor branch. I am doing this on a sandpit
box to determine correct configuration and
setup of subversion and http config files.

The system is centos-4.2-based (i.e. Linux/RPMs)
however I have compiled/installed subversion 1.3
from the source tarball.

I get the following error during execution of
the svn_load_dirs.pl script obtained from the
subversion-1.3 distribution:

/usr/local/bin/svn_load_dirs.pl: copy
'includes/.svn/format' to
'/tmp/svn_load_dirs_jug2NDxabU/my_import_wc/includes/.svn/format':

Permission denied
Cleaning up /tmp/svn_load_dirs_jug2NDxabU

"includes" is a directory in the source tree
I am setting up as a vendor branch. I checked
to see if the vendor supplied directories were
for some reason containing .svn directories
and confirmed they do not.

My subversion repository is owned by the
"apache" user/group. My username has also been
added to the "apache" group.

I have tried running this script as both the
apache user and also my own username and I get
the same result.

What do you think is stopping svn_load_dirs.pl
from working?

Thanks,

Graeme

Re: svn_load_dirs.pl permsission denied error

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
maximus meridius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use svn_load_dirs.pl to setup
> a vendor branch. I am doing this on a sandpit
> box to determine correct configuration and
> setup of subversion and http config files.
>
> The system is centos-4.2-based (i.e. Linux/RPMs)
> however I have compiled/installed subversion 1.3
> from the source tarball.
>
> I get the following error during execution of
> the svn_load_dirs.pl script obtained from the
> subversion-1.3 distribution:
>
> /usr/local/bin/svn_load_dirs.pl: copy
> 'includes/.svn/format' to
> '/tmp/svn_load_dirs_jug2NDxabU/my_import_wc/includes/.svn/format':

Hi,

It would help if you supplied all the steps you took to get to this point, such
as what you checked out, which directory you are in, what you untarred, etc.

You may also try the latest version from

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/svn_load_dirs.pl.in

Fix up the @...@ and try again.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<bl...@orcaware.com>

Re: svn_load_dirs.pl permsission denied error

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 2, 2006, at 13:56, maximus meridius wrote:

> I get the following error during execution of
> the svn_load_dirs.pl script obtained from the
> subversion-1.3 distribution:
>
> /usr/local/bin/svn_load_dirs.pl: copy
> 'includes/.svn/format' to
> '/tmp/svn_load_dirs_jug2NDxabU/my_import_wc/includes/.svn/format':
>
> Permission denied
> Cleaning up /tmp/svn_load_dirs_jug2NDxabU
>
> "includes" is a directory in the source tree
> I am setting up as a vendor branch. I checked
> to see if the vendor supplied directories were
> for some reason containing .svn directories
> and confirmed they do not.

Can you use svn_load_dirs.pl to import other software into your
sandbox? Is it only this one package that doesn't work?