Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jacob skariah <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/20 09:48:39 UTC

null with Action Error Messages !!

Hi,

   I am having problem while displaying my Action
Errors on the jsp pages. The problem is two "null"
messages are displayed in the begining and end of the
action error messages displayed on the jsps.

example : In login page if we submit without entering
user name and password the error message is displayed
as----

"null UserName Required ! Password Required ! null"

where ar i need to display only the message avoiding
the "null" in the begning and end. such as---

"UserName Required ! Password Required ! "

Can any one tell me how to do this.

Thanx in Advance

Regards

manoj

Re: null with Action Error Messages !!

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
Are these form validation error messages you are talking about? Could
the two nulls be the header and footer? Seems like if you left those
blank you would just get no output, but I always have them set to
something so I don't know. Just a guess.

Erik

Posted by jacob skariah <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

 I have included the errors.header and errors.footer
in my properties file, but do i have to add these
errors in my Actionform validate method manually as i
add it for username and password. or would it be
displayed automatically for all errors.

And i am not useing {0} for error message for password
in properties file.

in my properties file i have

error.username.required=<li> Username required</li>
error.password.required=<li> Password required</li>

Regards

manoj

Posted by struts lover <st...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by jacob skariah <ma...@yahoo.com>.