Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by gauche <ke...@hsbcib.com> on 2012/05/23 09:28:21 UTC

jCLASSPATH issue in Eclipse

Hi,

Disclaimer: I am not really a Java dev.

I've obtained the latest source from SVN, built it using mvn command line.
Then I generated the eclipse metadata using eclipse:eclipse. It was a
hassle, but only because of my corporate proxy (had to keep refreshing the
repository URLs in Internet Explorer otherwise Maven was being kicked with a
407 by the proxy).

Once I got the eclipse projects imported, I successfully built. I tried
setting up a run configuration that executes the console Main class with
parameter "start". This failed initially because of missing resources
("activemq.xsd"). I found that enabling maven dependency management on all
projects rectified this.

Next problem I get is this whilst attempting to run:

    <snip>j
org.springframework.beans.BeansException

Checking the CLASSPATH, I see why: a lot of JARs including spring-beans
aren't on it. Looking in maven's dependency tree and pom.xml I see why:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring-context</artifactId>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

The scope is precluding these dependencies from being in the CP. At this
point I don't know what the correct course of action is.

Should I change my scope? (I don't even know what that entails)

Should I remove the scope from pom.xml? (seems like it must be there for a
reason)

Should I do something else?

Thanks for any help.

Re: CLASSPATH issue in Eclipse

Posted by gauche <ke...@hsbcib.com>.
I've hacked around this as follows:

1. In the console pom.xml, I removed the scoping on all dependencies scoped
to test (except for junit which is obviously test-only)

2. There were still two resources missing from the target dir - activemq.xml
and log4j.properties. I tried fixing this "properly" in Eclipse but failed,
so I just copied them manually into the target dir.

With these changes the console project now runs. Interested to hear whether
I've done anything stupid here.

Thanks.