Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ra...@printus.de on 2007/01/25 08:36:34 UTC

Segmentation fault(11) on AIX - searching the archive couldn't so lve my problem

I have a problem with getting mod_perl 2.0.3 to work on our AIX5.3 with
IBM-Webserver (based on Apache 2.0.47) and perl 5.8.2

When I insert the line

"LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so"

to the httpd.conf and I then restart the webserver, then the following
entries appear in the error_log:

[Thu Jan 18 13:06:19 2007] [notice] IBM_HTTP_Server/2.0.47.1 Apache/2.0.47
(Unix) mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.2 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Jan 18 13:06:29 2007] [notice] child pid 790546 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jan 18 13:06:31 2007] [notice] child pid 786554 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Trying to open the web-application in my browser (which did fine before
restarting the webserver, just executing scripts via cgi instead of
mod_perl) I just get an error-page that the server doesn't response. Same
when I additionally change the httpd.conf further to what I have to for my
web-app:
- set/change some "alias"
- inserting:
<Location /otrs>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
Options ExecCGI
PerlSendHeader On
PerlSetupEnv On
</Location>

I've searched a lot throug the archive of this mailinglist and found lot's
of postings also pointing to Segmentation fault (11), but usually the
suggested solution was to have a look in the SUPPORT-file in the mod_perl
directory. My problem: I couldn't find a file like that - maybe this file
isn't included in the current tar.gz anymore?
If anybody could send this file to me or give me another hint I would be
very glad.
Thanks in advance

Re: Segmentation fault(11) on AIX - searching the archive couldn't so lve my problem

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
ralf.lehmann@printus.de wrote:

> I've searched a lot throug the archive of this mailinglist and found lot's
> of postings also pointing to Segmentation fault (11), but usually the
> suggested solution was to have a look in the SUPPORT-file in the mod_perl
> directory.

Actually, the suggested solution is always the same, get a crash dump (core)
and unwind it in gdb (or dbx on AIX).  Lots of google links will tell you
more.  When you have the backtrace/stack dump, we'd be interested.

Most likely, your httpd and perl builds aren't compatible.  If it's some
other issue, the backtrace is essential to help you further.