Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by prashantc88 <pr...@searshc.com> on 2014/07/15 19:46:18 UTC

Usage of enablePositionIncrements in Stop filter

Hi,

Could anyone please explain me the usage of enablePositionIncrements in
StopFilterFactory. I have trying to search in on the forum as well as the
internet, but I cannot understand it. It would be great if anyone could help
me out with an example.

Thanks

Re: Usage of enablePositionIncrements in Stop filter

Posted by prashantc88 <pr...@searshc.com>.
Thanks Jack!

Re: Usage of enablePositionIncrements in Stop filter

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
It's a bug (file a Jira) that this Lucene (and Solr) feature is not
documented in the Lucene Javadoc for the stop filter factory.

But, I do have it fully documented, with examples, in my Solr Deep Dive
e-book:
http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-7/ebook/product-21203548.html

-- Jack Krupansky

Guys, I found the explanation that i was looking for online.
http://docs.lucidworks.com/display/lweug/Suppressing+Stop+Word+Indexing

Re: Usage of enablePositionIncrements in Stop filter

Posted by prashantc88 <pr...@searshc.com>.