Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark Harrison <mh...@pixar.com> on 2007/12/20 23:31:37 UTC

processing HEAD request with Etag: set

Suppose I have a request with an Etag: that matches the
current file.

On a GET, then of course that should return a 304 Not Modified.

On a HEAD, should it return a 304, or a 200 OK?

Many TIA!
Mark

--
Mark Harrison
Pixar Animation Studios

Re: processing HEAD request with Etag: set

Posted by Mark Harrison <mh...@pixar.com>.
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:31:37 -0800
> Mark Harrison <mh...@pixar.com> wrote:
>
>> Suppose I have a request with an Etag: that matches the
>> current file.
>>
>> On a GET, then of course that should return a 304 Not Modified.
>>
>> On a HEAD, should it return a 304, or a 200 OK?
>
> If GET returns 304, then so does HEAD.

excellent... thanks!!

Re: processing HEAD request with Etag: set

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

http://www.apachetutor.org/