Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2005/05/08 20:48:42 UTC

Re: [VFS][JFileWatch] FileChangeEvent, inotify, and file changes outside JVM

Hi!
>So yes, that probably means it's time for a JNI piece for Winblows, Mac
>and Linux.  I'm not good with C/C++, and hence with JNI, but that link
>I sent....
>http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-inotify.html - has
>some C code that may help somebody going with at least inotify/Linux
>support.

I have setup some java classes and jni interface to interact with
inotify from within java.
It should be abstract enough to create jni wrapper for windows/mac too,
it would be nice is someone else could do this later.

If I find some time tomorrow (Moday) I will setup a website for this and
provide a link here.

Ciao,
Mario