Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Torsten Juergeleit <tj...@yahoo.de> on 2003/01/10 15:01:31 UTC

[ANN] Velocity Integration for Eclipse IDE

The first public release of an editor plugin for
Velocity templates is
available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/veloedit/
(Eclipse Online-Update Site:
http://veloedit.sourceforge.net/updates/).

Features:

* Syntax-highlight for Velocity Template Language
(VTL)
* Outline view with hierarchy of VTL directives
* Content assist for VTL directives and references
(auto-activation after
the character '#' or '$' or manually via keyboard
shortcut Ctrl+Space)
* Automatic template validation while typing (the
first syntax error is show
in task list and the according line is marked in
annotation column)
* Annotation hover with definition of references and
template syntax errors
* Go to definition of reference under current cursor
position (via context
menu or keyboard shortcut F3)

Cheers,
Torsten

Re: [ANN] Velocity Integration for Eclipse IDE

Posted by Thomas Marsh <ma...@nitesco.com>.
Torsten Juergeleit wrote:

> The first public release of an editor plugin for
> Velocity templates is
> available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/veloedit/
> (Eclipse Online-Update Site:
> http://veloedit.sourceforge.net/updates/).
>
> Features:
>
> * Syntax-highlight for Velocity Template Language
> (VTL)
> * Outline view with hierarchy of VTL directives
> * Content assist for VTL directives and references
> (auto-activation after
> the character '#' or '$' or manually via keyboard
> shortcut Ctrl+Space)
> * Automatic template validation while typing (the
> first syntax error is show
> in task list and the according line is marked in
> annotation column)
> * Annotation hover with definition of references and
> template syntax errors
> * Go to definition of reference under current cursor
> position (via context
> menu or keyboard shortcut F3)
>
> Cheers,
> Torsten

Thanks! This rocks!

--
Tom Marsh

mailto:marsht1@nitesco.com
http://www.nitesco.com

Re: [ANN] Velocity Integration for Eclipse IDE

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
why not submit a patch for xdocs/devtools?

(while you're at it, you might like to submit a patch for the news section
on xdocs/index.xml as well.)

- robert

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
This is fabulous...

I'm in the middle of a switch to Eclipse since I feel the IDEA people
left us Mac OSX users in the lurch.  This will accelerate it. :)

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-355-2219(w)
Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)