Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Lívia Silva Santos <li...@sfw.com.br> on 2004/07/20 15:13:31 UTC

Problems reading date format cells

Hi everybody,

My name is Livia and i've been using the POI API for a while.
But now i'm having some problems.

I create an excel file dynamictly, and one column of these file must
accpet only date cells. But the problem is that when i read this file,
if an user write an corretly date, it's ok, i read this cell by the
getDateCellData method. But if this cell returns a String data, how can
I verify is its in the right format ("dd/MM/YYYY").

And one more question, how can I format a cell and then trunc it (so the
user cannot change the format of that cell)???? It would be useful on
this case!

I would like to know it! If anyone would help me, i would be glad! :-)

Lívia