Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com> on 2003/01/03 22:59:51 UTC

Request for change on Scarab

Can we get a new field added for the various issue types to track the
current version the user was running when the issue was discovered?

Re: Request for change on Scarab

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
But of course!

I have the necessary Scarab admin rights, but I would prefer that John
McNally review the change before it is made (John is way more intimate with
the workings of Scarab than I will ever be).

Here is what I believe needs to be done:
1. Create a new global attribute: Version (input type is string)
2. Edit the five issue types, adding a new attribute group that will be
defined to include the new Version attribute.

That seems about it.  Note that I am suggesting the input type of string as
this makes a nice generic field that can be applied across the board.  We
could define something like "Turbine version" and provide a selection list,
but this wouldn't be appropriate for all modules (I don't see an obvious way
to indicate that an attribute group should only apply to a specific set of
modules or alternatively how to alter the list of available values depending
on the selected module).

John: Is this all that needs to be done to make this happen?

Thanks,

Scott
--
Scott Eade