Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2004/10/11 18:45:10 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS

At 05:02 PM 10/10/2004, jim@apache.org wrote:
>  +    *) Allow for the use of --with-module=foo:bar where the ./modules/foo
>  +       directory is a local addition to the ./modules directory.
>  +       Assumes, of course, that the required files are in ./modules/foo,
>  +       but makes it easier to statically build "external" modules by
>  +       simply adding them to ./modules.
>  +         modules/config5.m4: 1.4
>  +       +1: jim

Jim, just a suggestion, instead of a more complex foo:bar syntax, would
it help instead to accept a directive to ./buildconf such as;

  --add-modules-path=foo

where foo could be relative to aproot/modules/foo, or given as an abs
path?  If it's absolute, then we could still strip down to the actual
directory name for vpath builds, e.g. --add-modules-path=/opt/org/foo
would still build into aproot/modules/foo/mod_ule.o

This way, once you have run ./buildconf with --add-modules-path, the
config.m4 could elect to follow the usual most or all groupings or
perform additional feature checks.  If it's run at ./configure time,
I suspect we would lose the ability to modify ap_config_auto.h settings.

Bill