Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/02/18 14:18:13 UTC

website to git

Hey all,

last week David Gruno from the Infra team approached me to do some tests with a git-based website workflow. Things seem to work and we could go live with this at the next time Infra is rolling things out.

History will be preserved, the new website git repo would be couchdb-www, it would be mirrored to GitHub like the rest.

This should open up website maintenance to more contributions :)

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

I’m assuming this is fairly uncontroversial, so I’m going ahead with this, unless I hear from you :)

Best
Jan

Re: website to git

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,

awesome. Let's get rid of svn as far as possible ;-)

+1

Cheers

Andy

On 18 February 2015 at 14:18, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> last week David Gruno from the Infra team approached me to do some tests
> with a git-based website workflow. Things seem to work and we could go live
> with this at the next time Infra is rolling things out.
>
> History will be preserved, the new website git repo would be couchdb-www,
> it would be mirrored to GitHub like the rest.
>
> This should open up website maintenance to more contributions :)
>
> If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.
>
> I’m assuming this is fairly uncontroversial, so I’m going ahead with this,
> unless I hear from you :)
>
> Best
> Jan

Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany
RockIt!

Re: website to git

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 18 Feb 2015, at 15:22, Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>> last week David Gruno from the Infra team
>
> I think you mean Daniel. :)

Doh :/ — Sorry! (hope Daniel doesn’t see this :)

Re: website to git

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.