Posted to commits@hivemind.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/06/30 13:07:02 UTC

[Jakarta-hivemind Wiki] Update of "HibernateSupport" by Jonas Maurus

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-hivemind Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Jonas Maurus:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-hivemind/HibernateSupport

  = Feature Enhancment Description =
+
+ Jean-Francois Poilpet:
+ Finally, almost all the points below have been reached in [http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net HiveTranse] Open Source project, which is a generic transaction framework for HiveMind, which currently supports JDBC and Hibernate, and is planned to support JTA in the near future.
+
+ Jonas Maurus:
+ If you read the text below (most of which is obsolete), please keep in mind that Hibernate 3.0+ completely switched to unchecked runtime exceptions, so Spring's Hibernate 2.x/3.x support through HibernateTemplate-Objects adds much less value IMHO.

  -- JimmiDyson [[DateTime(2004-09-15T14:19:45Z)]]

@@ -102, +108 @@

   7. Allow configuration fo which exceptions must rollback transactions (Nice to have?): I find this idea interesting, but it should not be mandatory, I mean this could make the configuration hard to read and maintain. I think there should be acceptable defaults if we do not provide any config for it.
   8. Possibility to map checked HibernateException into RT exceptions (Nice to have, maybe out of scope): Actually, I am the one who initiated such a request. But having it means creating a "Hibernate Template" like in Spring, which means selecting a subset of Hibernate methods, possibly removing some not so often used -but still useful- capabilities. After thinking again about that problem, I had an idea of a more generic way to handle the problem of checked Vs. unchecked exceptions. But this is not related to the hibernate integration in Hivemind (although developers might use it in this context). Since I just started with this idea I will expose it later in a separate thread.

- Jean-Francois Poilpet:
- Finally, almost all the points above have been reached in [http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net HiveTranse] Open Source project, which is a generic transaction framework for HiveMind, which currently supports JDBC and Hibernate, and is planned to support JTA in the near future.
-