Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Whitney Sorenson <ws...@hubspot.com> on 2014/10/22 22:43:21 UTC

Maven occasionally hangs within Surefire

I'm trying to fix a build issue where Maven hangs running tests. This
happens about 30% of the time on our Travis builds.

It never happens on our Jenkins cluster, but it happens occasionally on
some of our local machines. We were able to capture a jstack and lsof from
the process after it hung.

Any tips on how to debug? Relevant captured data is here:

https://gist.github.com/tpetr/1bdd2cfd362f125b4f06

I can't file an issue here [1] as I don't have an account.

Thanks;

-Whitney

[1] -
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aissues-panel

Re: Maven occasionally hangs within Surefire

Posted by Andreas Gudian <an...@gmail.com>.
It took me some digging, but you use a 30 second fork-timeout (configured
in the uppermost basepom-foundation). And you increased some sleep times in
that module earlier today... :-)

Might that be it?

Posted by Whitney Sorenson <ws...@hubspot.com>.
Thanks for the tip, Andreas.