Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by e-Denton Subscriber <su...@e-denton.com> on 2004/06/23 22:28:36 UTC

Easy /servlet question

I have a very simple question, to which neither I nor my wife can find the
answer.

My servlet is in the WEB-INF/classes directory of my application directory.
For some reason, I can't get this simple construction--it's in all the JSP
books--to work:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/e-Denton/servlet/Upload_CnW

I get this error:

HTTP Status 404 - /e-Denton/servlet/Upload_CnW
message /e-Denton/servlet/Upload_CnW
description The requested resource (/e-Denton/servlet/Upload_CnW) is not
available.

I can get it to wotk with a sevlet mapping, but not without it.

RE: Easy /servlet question

Posted by Jérôme Duval <je...@regitan.qc.ca>.
You must specify your servlet in the web.xml file. This is how Tomcat knows
what to do when you ask it for Upload_CnW. This might be unnecessary to
mention, but you also have to compile your class before launching Tomcat.
Anything else would just be shots in the dark, since you haven't really told
us what you wanted to know and detailed your situation enough.