Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/04/02 17:16:07 UTC

Website update

I've fixed the new FTPServer site so that it can start to go online, at
least as a rough moniker, and regenned the site to use the latest
enhancements to the forrest skin (it now should validate both as html4
and the css, and some minor tweaks here and there).

Well, I had to push the site up manually, even if I had committed the
results to the incubator-site CVS.

Is a cron job working to update from CVS?
Did we decide scrap the built-version-in-CVS idea and simply publish the
stuff by hand?

TIA

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Website update

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@golux.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Is a cron job working to update from CVS?

no.  the site is checked out from anonymous cvs,
and requires a manual update.

> Did we decide scrap the built-version-in-CVS idea and simply publish the
> stuff by hand?

no.  html going into cvs, and the site gets a 'cvs update'
whenever someone makes a change it wants to see -- or at
irregular intervals whenever anyone thinks of it.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: [VOTE] Sam Ruby to join Incubator (was re: Website update)

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@apache.org>.
+1

....Roy

Re: [VOTE] Sam Ruby to join Incubator (was re: Website update)

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@thoughtworks.net>.
> Can I get voted into the incubator group?  I think most people around
> here know who I am ;-)
>
> ...and I have been subscribed since the beginning and do participate
> in incubation activities...
>
> ...besides, I need access if I am going to help out with the cvs updates.

You not got karma for everywhere ?

+1

-ph

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy listing.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...

Re: [VOTE] Sam Ruby to join Incubator (was re: Website update)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 2/04/2003 21:26 Sam Ruby wrote:

> Can I get voted into the incubator group?  I think most people around
> here know who I am ;-)

Well, besides the confusion of your native language being either Perl,
bash, XSLT, Python, Java or PHP and then some more, I guess we know who
you are :-)

+1, of course.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Sam Ruby to join Incubator (was re: Website update)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.
+1 as well. Unless I hear any -1s from anyone by Friday Noon (Pacific
time), I'll make it official.

Re: [VOTE] Sam Ruby to join Incubator (was re: Website update)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>> Can I get voted into the incubator group?  I think most people around
>> here know who I am ;-)
>

> Who are you?  Do you know the ApacheWay?

ROTFL!!!

--
Stefano.

Re: [VOTE] Sam Ruby to join Incubator (was re: Website update)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
> Can I get voted into the incubator group?  I think most people around
> here know who I am ;-)

Who are you?  Do you know the ApacheWay?

> ...and I have been subscribed since the beginning and do participate
> in incubation activities...
>
> ...besides, I need access if I am going to help out with the cvs updates.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Sam Ruby

+1 to adding sam to the Incubator PMC.

-Andy

Re: [VOTE] Sam Ruby to join Incubator (was re: Website update)

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
+1

Yessss, I'm voting in Sam for the first time, not the way around :-)))

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.

Re: Website update

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@thoughtworks.net>.
Nicola,

> I'd propose that Sam sets up FTPServer and AltRMI projects for
> automatic  updates by his script, as this is how was initially
> requested by Paul and how we are used to at Jakarta. If there is no
> objection, please go ahead Sam.

+1

> We'll keep the main site manually updated though.

Not sure why it needs to be different.  The commiters list for the main
site is a smaller set of people.

'cvs up' works very well, especially when done by cron.

- Paul

PS - thanks for doing the final bits. My fingers were really hurting!

Re: Website update

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote, On 02/04/2003 18.42:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>>I have a cron job that I add and remove items by request.  I'd be
>>willing to add /www/incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver, but first
>>CVS/Root will need to be something other than
>>:pserver:nicolaken@localhost:/home/cvs.
>

> augh!  absolutely.  all of the site needs to be checked out from
> :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>
> that's how we do the sites.  no personal checkouts from the
> writable repository.

It took me a couple of minutes to understand the above... because what I
did was to checkout the site *locally*, then copy it to daedalus via
scp! If you look at things this way the above makes no sense. 8-)

But now I start getting it... I log on daedalus, cd into that dir and do
a cvs update... geez, I'm so used to seeing cvs only used for automatic
updates, that I didn't understand this thing that for you is so clear... LOL

>>Let me know and I will replace what you put up there with a clean
>>checkout and then I'll add it to my list of directories to automatically
>>be updated every six hours.
>
> if that's how individual projects under incubation want it
> done, i think that's up to them.  but the main incubator
> site.. no.

Ok, I'm fine with it, especially now that I understand better =8-)

Re: Website update

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

Re: Website update

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.