Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Mohan K R <km...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 17:57:17 UTC

Error deploying in Tomcat, lucene component

Greetings,
I build the latest jetspeed-2 trunk using Maven2 (rev 530180) using -P
tomcat,full,hot, when I start the webapp,
I am getting all kinds of spring initialization errors, I think the error is
related to the lucene components. So
the J2 initialization fails. Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Cheers
mohan

The error is:
2007-04-19 11:03:32,587 [main] ERROR
org.apache.jetspeed.search.lucene.SearchEngineImpl - Fail
ed to open Portal Registry indexes in
/opt/containers/tc55devMK01-JDK5/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-IN
F/search_index
java.io.IOException: Cannot create directory: /

        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.init(FSDirectory.java:171)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java
:141)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java
:117)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:125)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java
:42)
        at org.apache.jetspeed.search.lucene.SearchEngineImpl.<init>(
SearchEngineImpl.java:80)
Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl
.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(DelegatingConstructorAcce
ssorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(
BeanUtils.java:82)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate
(S
impleInstantiationStrategy.java:78)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor
(C
onstructorResolver.java:156)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowi
reConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:683)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.create
BeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:621)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.create
Bean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)

RE: Error deploying in Tomcat, lucene component (SOLVED)

Posted by Mohan K <km...@gmail.com>.
David, thanks for the pointer. The problem happens to be with the lucene
component. Apparently the "java.io.tmpdir" variable *must* be set and
writable by the process owner, otherwise the lucene does not initialize
which in turn results in total J2 initialization failure.
Cheers,
Mohan

On Apr 19, 2007, at 5:57 PM, Mohan K R wrote:

> Greetings,
> I build the latest jetspeed-2 trunk using Maven2 (rev 530180) using -P
> tomcat,full,hot, when I start the webapp,
> I am getting all kinds of spring initialization errors, I think the
> error is
> related to the lucene components. So
> the J2 initialization fails. Any thoughts on this is greatly
> appreciated.
> Thanks

Not sure what happens when you build with both full and hot, try

mvn -P tomcat

Also, you can't create the search_index directory
Not sure why that is, could be a Unix file system permission

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: Error deploying in Tomcat, lucene component

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.